I went across to Gibraltar to fill up with tax free diesel and when asking the marina if they had available spaces, they said yes! I am moored to a pontoon that moves and makes me seasick, so there are certainly more protected places…. anyway, the wind is decreasing the next few days, so it should be OK.
(The top of the rock can be seen just to the right of the big building to the left)
The plan is now to stay here a few days and head west on Thursday, when the forcast says the wind will change to weak northerly. Friday and Saturday promises strong SW, so I need to stay and wait for better winds before heading out to Madeira.